Surgical Technician JobWoodstock, GA
Why You'll Love This Job
The Surgical Technician, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Assures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of the assigned case and instruments and/or trays to be readied for the procedure.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure. Always maintains an orderly and sterile instrument table for the purpose of efficiency; follows department standard set-up.
- Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in case of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to circulating nurse and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.
- Carries out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
- Checks all equipment/instruments needed, prior to each procedure, to ensure proper functioning.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary, and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during intraoperative phase.
- Always maintains an orderly and sterile instrument table for the purpose of efficiency; follows department standard set-up.
- Is fully responsible for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning and processing of instruments.
- Follows written procedures for steam sterilization; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
- Interacts professionally with patients. Provides patient with explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary.
- Assists in the positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
- Completes documentation within shift and meets current standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, AAOA and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe environment for patient, co-workers and self, per policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
We have two ASC offices in Buckhead and Woodstock areas. Ability to travel between the offices is a must.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current Operating Room Technician Certification.
- Current BCLS Certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the Operating Room
· Basic Computer skills
· Excellent bed side manners
· Collaborative and teamwork oriented
· Sense of urgency
- Lengthy periods of standing
- Ability to move gurneys, carts, equipment
- Assists with the positioning of surgical patients for surgery
- Carries and lifts instrument sets (trays) and various items of equipment
- ENT office environment
- Exposure to anesthetic gases, hazardous chemicals, blood and body fluids, sharps, and hospital-grade cleaning solutions.
- Travels between the assigned offices