Why You'll Love This Job
We are looking to hire a highly efficient self-pay follow-up staff member to complete all tasks assigned to the self-pay follow-up team. The self- follow-up staff member’s responsibilities include timely and accurate follow-up and resolution of all unpaid patient balances as well as refunds. This includes responding to a high volume of patient calls generated from self-pay statements, analyzing self-pay balances to determine patient responsibility, establishing and following-up on payment plans, processing patient payments, and following-up on accounts for collection agencies. To be successful as a self- follow-up staff member, you should be able to manage patient conversations and complaints and work successfully with a team. Ultimately, a top-performing self-pay follow-up staff member should seek ways to improve the collections within the self-pay department.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, Collections experience is also preferred.
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing.
- Experience working in finance and dealing with billing would be preferred.
- 1-3 years of computer and data entry experience is preferred.
- Implementing a system to ensure that accurate billing information is entered into the billing system.
- Experience in the revenue cycle department in various duties such as billing, collection, cash posting; communications with insurance providers/patients is preferred.
- Reviewing financial hardship applications.
- Efficiently managing patient complaints in respect of billing and collections.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to utilize multiple modes of communication (e.g., phone, fax, patient portal, e-mail, physician portal, mail, etc.) in a professional, accurate, efficient, and courteous manner
- Exercises discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential material.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Data entry skills and working knowledge of computer required.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data