Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The A/R Collector is responsible for collecting denied or pending insurance claims through insurance calls, on-line portal status and overall trend analysis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews account information from various sources
- Places telephone calls to appropriate insurance companies
- Rebills accounts as necessary
- Recommends rules to be put in place to reduce denials
- Reviews account information to determine accuracy of contractual adjustments to account balances.
- Answers inquiries from insurance companies regarding balances
- Meets quota of minimum 60 claims/day
- Trend Analysis to leadership on a weekly basis to improve practice collections
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in any of the following EMR’s such as Epic, ECW, Modmed, IMS and Nextgen EMR preferred
- Understanding of Explanation of Benefits, Reason Codes, payments, adjustments, and denials is required
- Two (2) years’ experience in collection, billing, or related field.