Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Registered Nurse, PACU is responsible for recovery care of surgical patients. This role is critical in ensuring Center’s Morals and Standards are implemented in the office and followed through by all employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of the patient post-surgery, including assessment and documentation of the patient’s condition.
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, pain control, fluids intake/output, etc.
- Reports any abnormalities to anesthesiologist and/or surgeon as needed.
- Provides post-surgery care education to the patient and the family members.
- Performs chart reviews prior to charts being completed and scanned into the practice management software.
- Participates in the quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Makes sure that all equipment is in the proper operating order and reports any issues appropriately.
- Completes all required quality and maintenance logs: blanket fluid warmer, generator log, eye wash station, etc.
- At the end of the day cleans and wipes down equipment, restocks and sets up for the next days’ surgeries.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse any supply needs and low inventory levels.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, AAOA and Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be willing to travel between Buckhead and Woodstock locations
- Active RN license in the practicing state
- Certification in CPR, ACLS required. PALS is preferred
- A minimum of one-year experience in PACU is preferred