Why You'll Love This Job
Registered Nurse, Circulator is responsible for all aspects of patient care in the operating room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reviews upcoming surgical schedule to ensure that all special equipment and/or supplies are on hand and available (i.e., implants, CT discs, etc.) for the successful performance of the scheduled surgical procedures.
- Introduces him/herself to the patient, performs initial data collection and prepares the patient for transport to the surgical suite.
- Takes ownership of the patient intra-operatively, including patient positioning, vital signs, specimen collection, sterile technique & surgical procedures compliance, etc.
- Performs correct site verification.
- Assists the surgical team with any needed supplies, medication and equipment throughout the surgery.
- Maintains the big-picture oversite of the surgery suite and each team member’s specific individual responsibilities
- Performs chart reviews prior to the charts being completed and scanned into the practice management software.
- Participates in the quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Makes sure that all equipment is in the proper operating order and reports any issues appropriately.
- Completes all required quality and maintenance logs: blanket fluid warmer, generator log, eye wash station, etc.
- At the end of the day cleans and wipes down equipment, restocks and sets up for the next days’ surgeries.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse any supply needs and low inventory levels.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, AAOA and Company policies and procedures.
- Active RN license in the practicing state
- Certification in CPR/BLS, ACLS required. PALS is preferred
- A minimum of one-year experience as a Scrub Nurse or Circulator is required