Why You'll Love This Job
The Physician Liaison is responsible for the recruitment and provision of the new patients to the assigned offices by creating and nurturing relationships with a variety of external referral sources, such as other physician groups, hospitals, physicians, nurses, office managers, and referral coordinators. The Physician Liaison is responsible for building and growing referral relationships through coordinating sales activities, using a consultative sales approach, virtual outreach and other marketing and sales techniques.
This role is critical to SENTA Partner’s overall success in achieving its vision of becoming the industry leading organization for ENT & Allergy physicians.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Develops and grows strong relationships with direct referral sources through scheduled account visits to recruit new patient referrals.
- Conduct face to face sales calls and presentations to referral sources, introducing ENT and Allergy services and new service lines.
- Obtains, interprets, and analyzes physician referral data to 1) optimize sales effectiveness, efficiency, and 2) to prioritize sales and logistics (routing) plans to reach weekly and monthly sales objectives.
- Leveraging SalesForce CRM, develops & maintains an effective field activity tracking system to document calls, call notes and other activities.
- Promotes and participates in community awareness through events and outreach.
- Defines and continuously refines competitive landscape and value proposition (pitch) of the assigned practices.
- Resolves physician customer service calls, taking initiative to make decisions within authorized scope of responsibility, or directing decision making to the proper authority.
- Provides timely follow up on specific questions, areas of interest, and/or concerns expressed by referral sources.
- Facilitate introduction of new referring physician & relevant support staff to assigned practices. Ensures all new referral sources receive appropriate and timely educational information (i.e., bio on MDs, patient outcomes data, set up meeting with physician team, etc.)
- Works with organization’s leadership on referral source retention & growth strategies.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports and reviews findings with the physicians & leadership.
- Aids in identifying referral growth strategy, setting referral growth goals, calculating referral forecasts, and creating plans toward increased market penetration.
- Actively demonstrates commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Actively participates in educational activities/self-development to enhance professional growth.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct as established by the organization.
- Encourages and maintains confidentiality in all interaction with physicians/providers.
- Other duties as assigned.