Why You'll Love This Job
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Processes payroll for approximately 750 exempt and non-exempt employees for the established bi-weekly pay periods.
- Electronically process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, direct deposits, etc.
- Electronically process benefit enrollments, such as the group health plans, PTO, and other voluntary benefits.
- Processes Stop Voids, Stop Payments, Manual Checks.
- Interacts with employees and managers to proactively address and resolve payroll issues.
- Responds to payroll-related inquiries, including, but not limited to payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications, etc.
- Provides maintenance of employees in the Time and Attendance system, verifies hours and follows through with managers on issues.
- Ensures compliance with audit control objectives.
- Works closely with the Payroll Manager regarding tax filings, system updates, proper processing in the system, etc.
- Run regular payroll reports to ensure correctness and accuracy.
- Processes 401k contributions in a timely manner.
- Maintains payroll back-up per established guidelines.
- Assists with departmental projects.
- Attend meetings and training seminars.
- Ensures Payroll Labor Reporting and approvals are in line and compliant.
- Assists with various audits, such as the workers compensation audits, 401k audits, etc.
- Participates in the processes that affect payroll during acquisitions activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in accounting or finance a plus
- 2-5 plus years of related experience
- Prior healthcare and Multi-EIN/Multi-State service provider experience preferred
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
· Effective communication and interaction with all levels of employees and customers
· Ability to establish and maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues
· Strong knowledge of payroll principles and procedures
· Strong knowledge of computer software systems including MS Office
· Must have strong organization and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Analytical skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Professional/positive attitude
· Desire and capacity to work as part of a highly creative, energetic and dynamic team
· Must be flexible, detail-oriented
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Office Environment
· Local travel on as needed basis