Why You'll Love This Job
SENTA Partners and Atlanta Allergy & Asthma is looking for a full-time Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant to join our hard-working, energetic, and talented team of professionals.
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, supportive work environment and having weekends off? Are you a team player who is eager to learn and has a passion for helping others?
- If you answered Yes, we want to hear from You!
We are a growing asthma and allergy practice with over 20 locations throughout GA!
We provide care that inspires, while helping you achieve your potential, in an environment where you belong.
*We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant position is a comprehensive role which includes support in the areas of case management and patient communications. You will work under moderate supervision to provide high-quality patient care and create favorable impressions with patients. The midlevel provider will primarily be responsible for evaluating patients seen for follow-up visits. In addition, this role includes the evaluation of individuals who present to the clinic with upper respiratory tract infections, asthma, and dermatologic conditions such as urticarial and eczema. Although this person will at times be working independently, consultation with clinic physicians should be sought in difficult cases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a brief history of the chief complaint and/or inquire about interval history since last appointment for follow-up patients.
- Perform a physical examination pertaining primarily to the respiratory tract and skin. This exam will include examination of the nose, ears, and throat. In addition, auscultation of the chest will be performed and, in selected cases, examination of the skin will be undertaken.
- A clinical assessment including differential diagnosis when indicated will be provided.
- Recommendations will be made for each individual patient experience. In more difficult cases, immediate consultation either directly, when a physician is in the office, or by phone will be necessary.
- It is mandatory that consultation with clinic physicians be sought in difficult cases.
- The nurse practitioner will help in management and treatment of reactions which occurs secondary to immunotherapy. Should the reaction be of greater severity, it is essential that consultation with a clinic physician be obtained.
- The nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority will be able to prescribe antihistamines, decongestants, mucolytics, bronchodilators, inhaled steroids (for chest and nose), oral steroids, and antibiotics.
- The nurse practitioner will develop treatment plans specifically tailored to each individual patient, document the plan clearly in the chart and communicate in a clear and concise manner to the patient.
- The nurse practitioner will order specific laboratory assessments, radiology, and CT scans as deemed appropriate to the medical condition.
- The nurse practitioner should be able to take call from their home during after-office hours. During these times, physician back-up must always be available for consultation.
* This position will be based out of our Fayetteville clinic full-time initially but will also involve some time spent at our Stockbridge clinic as well
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
- Current APRN or PA GA license or eligible to be licensed in the state of GA
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Eligible for hospital privileges