Why You'll Love This Job
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Nurse Manager to lead our single specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) and oversee the delivery of high-quality patient care. As the ASC Nurse Manager, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the center, coordinating staff, promoting a positive work environment, and ensuring adherence to standards and regulations. Your strong leadership skills, clinical expertise, and effective communication will be essential in driving excellence in patient care and fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
1. Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide visionary leadership to the nursing team, promoting a positive work environment, fostering collaboration, and motivating staff to achieve organizational goals.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate nursing staff, ensuring that appropriate staffing levels are maintained to meet patient care needs.
- Develop and implement orientation programs, mentorship initiatives, and ongoing education and training to enhance the skills and knowledge of nursing staff.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, professional growth, and accountability within the nursing unit.
2. Operational Management:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the surgery center, ensuring efficient workflow, timely patient admissions, , and discharges, and effective utilization of resources.
- Collaborate with clinics to coordinate patient care and optimize interdisciplinary communication and collaboration.
- Monitor and evaluate patient care activities, quality indicators, and patient satisfaction metrics to identify areas for improvement and implement evidence-based practices.
- Implement and enforce policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain compliance with regulatory standards, safety guidelines, and infection control measures.
3. Patient Care and Advocacy:
- Ensure the provision of safe, compassionate, and patient-centered care by nursing staff, adhering to established standards of practice and promoting the highest level of clinical excellence.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers, patients, and their families to address patient needs, resolve concerns, and advocate for optimal care outcomes.
- Monitor patient acuity and work with the nursing team to allocate resources appropriately, ensure appropriate nurse-to-patient ratios, and maintain continuity of care.
4. Performance Evaluation and Quality Improvement:
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide constructive feedback, and recognize and reward exemplary performance.
- Lead quality improvement initiatives, analyze data, identify trends, and implement strategies to enhance patient outcomes, patient safety, and nursing practice.
- Participate in interdisciplinary committees and meetings to contribute nursing expertise, collaborate on organizational initiatives, and drive quality improvement efforts.
5. Budgeting and Resource Management:
- Assist in budget development, monitor expenditures, and optimize resource allocation to meet patient care needs while maintaining financial viability.
- Collaborate with the healthcare leadership team to identify and address resource gaps, equipment needs, and facility enhancements.
6. Assures Compliance with:
- Infection Control
- ACLS, BLS, PALS and any other licenses required for staff
- All regulatory inspections to include OSHA and other regulatory agencies
- Patient confidentiality
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in South Carolina (Current and in good standing).
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS required
- Minimum of 5 years of nursing experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory or management experience in an ambulatory surgery center or similar healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of surgical nursing practices, infection control, and patient safety.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (e.g., AAAHC, CMS, Joint Commission).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in electronic health record (EHR) systems.