Why You'll Love This Job
Medical Assistant performs administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include checking patients in/out, answering phones, and managing patient charts. Clinical duties include assisting nurses in patient care in all areas of the ASC. This position covers two surgery centers in Woodstock and Buckhead and assignments at both centers will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts professionally with patients.
- Checks patients in and out for surgery.
- Assembles charts before surgery and breaks down and scans completed charts.
- Assists nurses in recovery room with vital signs, IV removal, and dressing/accompanying patients upon discharge.
- Cleans and prepares rooms/beds in a timely manner for the next patient.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, AAOA and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe environment for patient, co-workers and self, per policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR Certification