Medical Assistant – Canton (ENT) JobCanton, GA
Why You'll Love This Job
Medical Assistant performs administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments and maintaining medical records. Clinical duties include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts professionally with patients.
- Accompanies and settles patients in the exam room in advance of the physician’s visit.
- Takes vitals such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature, weight, and height and enters them into the EMR.
- Obtains current medication list from new and return patients and verify allergies during every request for medication and every office visit. Perform medication reconciliation.
- Acquires patient history and the chief complaint and document in complete sentences with the proper grammar why the patient is being seen for a visit.
- Performs necessary office tests, such as rapid strep tests and smell tests as requested by the physician and document results in the patient’s record.
- Updates patient’s surgeries in the Surgical History once the patient has had surgery by our physicians. Also, updates surgeries performed by other physicians when they have return visits.
- Draws blood specimens from patients and prepares and labels the specimens for the laboratory ensuring appropriate lab is used based on patient’s insurance plan.
- Obtains patient signed informed consent via paper and administer intramuscular injections such as steroids and vitamin B12 and documents the injection completion in EHR.
- Updates the provider which patient should be seen next to minimize wait time when multiple rooms are filled up. Patient timeliness and appointment time must be taken into consideration to avoid upset patient(s).
- Cleans and prepares room in a timely manner for the next patient.
- Retrieves, directs and responds accordingly to the messages from the nursing line.
- Calls-in prescriptions as directed by the physicians.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, AAOA and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe environment for patient, co-workers and self, per policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification
- CPR Certification