Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be supporting physicians in the medical offices specialized in allergy and asthma treatments to ensure safe and quality patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the physician as instructed with patient care during office visits.
- Perform diagnostic procedures, such as skin testing, pulmonary function testing, and drawing blood for laboratory tests.
- Administer immunotherapy injections and maintain extract and records of treatment.
- Treat emergency and priority patients, including the use of CPR, if necessary.
- Assist the physician with patients by telephone, including instructions to sick patients and prescription refills.
- Assist in management and treatment of reactions which occur secondary to immunotherapy.
- Maintain an aseptic environment appropriate for medical office.
- Educate patients on their physical condition, treatment plan, use of equipment and medication delivery devices, environmental controls and any other issues which may affect the patient’s care,
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse or MA
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to travel to multiple office locations as needed
- Familiarity with clinic health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Requires licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse (R.N.) including a valid license in the practice state.
- Prefer one year of previous employment in a medical setting.
- Allergy and asthma experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of clinic practice standard, policies and procedures is required.
- Must display the ability to properly maintain records.
- Ability to communicate with adult and pediatric patients, as well as with co-workers, is essential.
- Must be a team player.