Why You'll Love This Job
Reston Ear, Nose & Throat is Northern Virginia's premier adult and pediatric otolaryngology center. We are committed to providing compassionate and comprehensive care for a wide range of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) and allergy problems for adult and pediatric patients.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be supporting physicians in the medical office specialized in allergy and asthma treatments to ensure safe and quality patient care. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of immunotherapy for our patients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mix and accurately prepare allergy vials for injections.
- Test and Treat patients for allergy related problems in a caring manner.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining allergy supplies and inventories in a timely manner.
- Responsible for weekly maintenance of allergy testing equipment.
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of allergy treatment; shots, mixing, etc.
- Must develop good foundational knowledge of ENT, diseases, treatments, medications, and their purposes.
- Know allergic responses and prescribe protocol (emergency drugs, asthma drugs, etc.)
- Use universal safety precautions as necessary, self protections, disposal, etc.
- Understand and follow all allergy department policies and procedures.
- Understand documentation requirements for patient care.
- Ability to give patient care instructions in a clear and understandable manner.
- Accurately documents allergy testing results on testing forms and in the EMR system for physician review and interpretation.
- Completes immunotherapy prescription form for physician review and approval.
- Must have great attention to detail and interpersonal skills