Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be supporting physicians in the medical offices specialized in allergy and asthma treatments to ensure safe and quality patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform allergy skin testing and administer immunotherapy injections.
- Mix and maintain extract for injection and allergy drops.
- Treat emergency and priority patients, including the use of CPR, if necessary
- Assist in management and treatment of reactions which occur secondary to immunotherapy.
- Maintain an aseptic environment appropriate for medical office.
- Educate patients on their physical condition, treatment plan, use of equipment and medication delivery devices, environmental controls and any other issues which may affect the patient’s care,
- 2+ years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to travel to multiple office locations as needed
- Familiarity with clinic health, safety and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology