Why You'll Love This Job
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Float will support physicians and mid-level providers in medical offices specializing in allergy and asthma treatments to ensure safe and quality patient care. The position will travel between multiple offices in a defined, broad region of Atlanta Allergy & Asthma in metro Atlanta.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the physician as instructed with patient care during office visits.
- Perform diagnostic procedures, such as skin testing, pulmonary function testing, and drawing blood for laboratory tests.
- Administer immunotherapy injections and maintain extract and records of treatment.
- Treat emergency and priority patients, including the use of CPR, if necessary.
- Assist the physician with patients by telephone, including instructions to sick patients and prescription refills.
- Assist in management and treatment of reactions which occur secondary to immunotherapy.
- Maintain an aseptic environment appropriate for medical office.
- Educate patients on their physical condition, treatment plan, use of equipment and medication delivery devices, environmental controls and any other issues which may affect the patient’s care,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires valid and current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) to practice in the state of GA.
- Knowledge of clinic practice standard, policies and procedures is required.
- Must display the ability to properly maintain records.
- Prefer two years of previous employment in a medical setting.
- Ability to communicate with adult and pediatric patients and families, as well as with co-workers is essential. Must be a team player.
- Must be dependable and prompt
- Must have ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly.
- Allergy and asthma experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt to various environments and personalities.
- Must be flexible, composed, and professional in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.