Why You'll Love This Job
Reston Ear, Nose & Throat is Northern Virginia's premier adult and pediatric otolaryngology center. We are committed to providing compassionate and comprehensive care for a wide range of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) and allergy problems for adult and pediatric patients.
We are looking for a pleasant, customer-oriented, reliable professional to work interdependently with the Reston ENT team to help provide the highest quality patient care experience.
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for handling all front desk duties for the medical office. This individual schedules, checks patients in/out, answers the telephone calls, schedules appointments, and performs other administrative duties. The Front Office Coordinator works to create a favorable impression with patients and ensures that a high level of quality customer service is delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients with a smile and accommodates patients’ needs in a comfortable and pleasant manner.
- Maintains the EMR system with the current patient information.
- Checks-in patients upon arrival at the office, collects and posts payments, as well as obtains necessary financial, personal and/or medical updates. Enters all information accurately into the patients’ chart.
- Ensures that HIPAA guidelines are followed.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as needed.
- Properly secures and maintains cash box.
- Maintains patient records, organizes patient charts, properly files and submits information to the Business Office.
- Understands insurance benefits to effectively communicate to the patient. Follows the Company policies pertaining to collections and financial protocols.
- Understands how to work effectively within the office, partnering with the Practice Administrator, Doctor(s) and other staff to maintain consistency and integrity within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, and Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and qualifications:
- High school or associates degree (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced healthcare practice
- High level of professionalism and work ethic
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Selfless attitude and Team player