Front Office Coordinator JobFayetteville, GA 402796173
Why You'll Love This Job
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for handling all front desk duties for the medical office. This individual schedules, checks patients in/out, answers the telephone and routes calls. The Front Office Coordinator works to create a favorable impression with customers and ensures that a high level of quality customer service is delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients with a smile and accommodates patients’ needs in a comfortable and pleasant manner.
- Maintains the EMR system with the current patient information.
- Checks-in patients upon arrival at the office, as well as obtains necessary financial, personal and/or medical updates. Enters all information accurately into the patients’ chart.
- Ensures that HIPAA guidelines are followed.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as needed.
- Properly secures and maintains cash box.
- Maintains patient records, organizes patient charts, properly files and submits information to the Business Office.
- Understands insurance benefits to effectively communicate to the patient. Follows the Company policies pertaining to collections and financial protocols.
- Understands how to work effectively within the office, partnering with the Practice Administrator, Doctor(s) and other staff to maintain consistency and integrity within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, and Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Knowledge of standard clinic practices, policies and procedures.
- Medical reception experience preferred but not required.
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information to customers, clients and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Must be a team player.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Electronic Medical Records