Why You'll Love This Job
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for handling all front desk duties for the medical office. This individual schedules, checks patients in/out, answers the telephone and routes calls. The Front Office Coordinator works to create a favorable impression with customers and ensures that a high level of quality customer service is delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients with a smile and accommodates patients’ needs in a comfortable and pleasant manner.
- Maintains the EMR system with the current patient information.
- Checks-in patients upon arrival at the office, as well as obtains necessary financial, personal and/or medical updates. Enters all information accurately into the patients’ chart.
- Ensures that HIPAA guidelines are followed.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as needed.
- Properly secures and maintains cash box.
- Maintains patient records, organizes patient charts, properly files and submits information to the Business Office.
- Understands insurance benefits to effectively communicate to the patient. Follows the Company policies pertaining to collections and financial protocols.
- Understands how to work effectively within the office, partnering with the Practice Administrator, Doctor(s) and other staff to maintain consistency and integrity within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, and Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Knowledge of standard clinic practices, policies and procedures.
- Medical reception and Medical insurance verification experience required.
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information to customers, clients and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Must be a team player.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Electronic Medical Records, Epic experience preferred.