Why You'll Love This Job
Director of Revenue Cycle is responsible for the coordination, direction, supervision and performance of billing, coding, cash posting and collections teams. One of the main objectives is to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external patient relations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all billing procedures for ENT & Allergy centers. Specific areas include, but are not limited to billing and A/R management.
- Directs and supervises employees engaged in the RCM operations.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates RCM employees in consultation with Human Resources and supervisor.
- Manages employee performance to ensure that employees’ skills meet and/or exceed the expectations of the position they hold.
- Provides ongoing analysis of all reimbursement and adjustment trends.
- Develops and maintains a competitive ENT & Allergy Center fee schedule.
- Responsible for all ENT & Allergy Center billing functions. Plans and directs all billing and accounts receivable management functions.
- Develops goals and performance standards for billing department employees. This will include collection percentages, claims filing, turnaround of secondaries, etc.
- Evaluates, in conjunction with the Practice Administrator, insurance participation as well as the direction of all activities with related physician credentialing.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining expert knowledge of practice management system including billing and accounts receivable management and scheduling. Provide initial systems training for ENT & Allergy Center employee.
- Directs the work process and products of patient account representatives.
- Continually evaluates the processes of the billing department to find additional efficiencies and cost savings.
- Develops front office protocol, in conjunction with site coordinators, identifying efficient billing processes.
- Participates in the management team to guide the overall operations of ENT & Allergy Center.
- Independently and in conjunction with the ENT & Allergy Center management staff, defines, builds and evaluates customized financial reports and reporting tools related to all billing processes and data.
- In conjunction with the Practice Administrator, responsible for the evaluation of and planning for re-engineering and implementation of new transmission technology related to billing processes; inclusive of interfacing with IS vendors.
- Attends monthly financial meetings with the Practice Administrator and physicians to address and follow-up on physician billing issues and/or questions. Additional duties as requested by the Practice Administrator or Providers.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government laws, rules, regulations, AAOA and Company policies and procedures.
- Projects to employees and maintains a positive & solution driven demeaner towards the systems, processes and changes in healthcare delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration or related field or relevant experience
- Minimum of 5-years experience in medical insurance billing
- Certified by the AAPC or ability to be certified
- Expert knowledge of third-party insurance procedures and collections, and reimbursements.
- Expert knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Maintains professional friendly attitude with patients and fellow employees.
- Exercises discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential material.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.