Why You'll Love This Job
ENT Carolina is hiring an Audiologist:
The Audiologist is responsible for the diagnosis and evidenced-base treatment of hearing and balance disorders for patients of all ages. The Audiologist provides professional and personalized services and treatments to minimize the negative impact of these disorders, leading to improved outcomes and quality of life.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct hearing evaluations for pediatric and adult patients, and assesses the history, medical diagnosis, social, and communicative condition of the patient through testing and interview to establish a basis for patient treatment.
- Understand otologic and neurological diagnostic processes well enough to obtain audio logical information that will help the physician distinguish between competing etiological entitles in a given patient.
- Generate written communications for treating physicians that are timely, clear, and succinct.
- Understand the theory behind established clinical protocols and can modify diagnostic procedures to meet the needs of the patient/customer without sacrificing test reliability or validity.
- Provide all services with a caring, empathetic manner, holding to the highest professional, ethical, and legal standards.
- Interpret the results of hearing evaluation data within the context of the patient’s perceptual, social, and communicative needs.
- Develop a rational treatment and monitoring plan with the patient and/or caregivers, including the use of amplification, assistive listening devises, aural rehabilitation, and counseling as indicated.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters or AuD Degree in Audiology
- Current NC License or the ability to obtain a NC license