Appointment Scheduler JobShelby, NC
Why You'll Love This Job
SENTA Partners is seeking an experienced, motivated individual to join our Shelby, North Carolina clinic as an Appointment Scheduler. As part of our team, you schedule appointments for patients, assist in managing clinic staff schedules and perform various data entry tasks necessary to the smooth functioning of the clinic. We operate with a high volume of patients and patient requests, meaning you must be well organized and able to multitask. Our ideal candidate has excellent phone and communication skills, as well as experience with electronic health records.
Appointment Scheduler Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate persons or service
- Assist patients in making new appointments or adjusting existing appointments
- Manage schedules for physicians and staff
- Input new patient data and retrieve data for authorized requests
- Contact insurance companies to verify relevant information
Appointment Scheduler Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Prior administrative or customer service experience, preferably in a health care environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Data entry skills and experience
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Knowledge of standard clinic practices, policies and procedures.
- Medical reception experience preferred but not required.
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information to customers, clients and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Must be a team player.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Electronic Medical Records