Why You'll Love This Job
Reston Ear, Nose & Throat is Northern Virginia's premier adult and pediatric otolaryngology center. We are committed to providing compassionate and comprehensive care for a wide range of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) and allergy problems for adult and pediatric patients.
We are looking for a reliable and professional Administrative Assistant to support the practice administrator in day-to-day operations for our team-oriented ENT practice in Reston. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the practice administrator and the clinical team to support all aspects of running the clinic and ensuring the highest quality patient care. This position requires collaborating with physicians, other medical providers, and patients.
- Support the practice administrator with daily operational activities.
- Assist the clinical team and practice administrator in maintaining the medical inventory, placing orders, and verifying receipt for new materials as needed
- Assist with front office duties such as answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and greeting patients
- Support the practice administrator with billing including overseeing daily in-office collection reports, reviewing patient accounts as needed, deposit checks and cash received
- Manage incoming faxes, mail and bills to provide to the appropriate parties
- Coordinate with SENTA accounts payable team to manage invoices and monthly statements
- Manage incoming and outgoing referrals for patients seen in all three offices
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical office working ideally with billing and medical insurance experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Word and Excel
- Must have excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to coordinate series of activities simultaneously
- Must show willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills and ability to work and achieve targets within stipulated time limits
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and patient-focused
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years directly related job experience.
Related skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC. High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to interface with people using tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information,
- Demonstrated excellent organization and detail-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated excellent telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding attention to detail to review and edit text and prepare various written documents.