Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
The Document Management Administrative Assistant is a vital role responsible for maintaining accurate health records. They organize and manage an approved system of records, ensuring that patient information is properly documented and secure. The Document Management Administrative Assistant must be accountable and efficient in their work, ensuring that all records are up-to-date and readily accessible to authorized individuals.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all medical records information and complete forms for release of information.
- Maintain up-to-date medical records filing and perform clerical and technical duties such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering telephones, relaying messages, transferring calls, and filing loose documentation generated from inside and outside the institution.
- Schedule patients for medical appointments as needed.
- Maintain accountability for the organization and maintenance of health records and ensure that patient information is properly documented and secure.
- Communicate with facilities, copy services, applicants, and clients to obtain Attending Physician Statements in the most time efficient manner possible.
- Prepare and distribute requests.
- Assist in the distribution of records to clients.
- Review records.
- Process payments for records.
- Download medical records.
- Prepare authorizations/ special authorizations.
- Prepare referral letters from providers to send to referring providers.
- Manage, sort, and attach electronic faxes to patient charts in HER.
- Sort and file documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the business needs or patient requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years directly related job experience.
Related skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC. High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to interface with people using tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information,
- Demonstrated excellent organization and detail-oriented skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated excellent telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding attention to detail to review and edit text and prepare various written documents.