Accounts Payable Specialist JobSandy Springs, GA 386067009
Why You'll Love This Job
The Accounts Payable Specialist ensures payment of the company’s bills and invoices. The AP Specialist is responsible for various types of financial processing including automated and manual data entry of vendor invoices, expense reports, and manual check requests.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process daily and weekly A/P for multiple sites and vendors ensuring all deadlines are met in high volume environment.
- Assists with the resolution of discrepancies or problems that prohibit timely payment of invoices.
- Assist affiliate practices, client and vendors with A/P issues or questions as they arise.
- Ensure that each transaction processed has appropriate approval prior to processing.
- Correspond with suppliers and account team and respond to inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Special projects and other functions as required by manager or affiliate practice.
- Maintain and update A/P process playbook and desktop operations workflows as required.
- Lead the AP integration playbook as new affiliate practices are acquired.
- Seek ways to constantly reduce costs, improve efficiency and operational standards.
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
- Actively participate in the implementation of a procure to pay system for improving automation with an integrated supply chain, vendor management, invoicing and payment function.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years in Accounts Payable specialist role or similar role
- Experienced Accounts Payable processor with an understanding of best practices
- Bachelors degree finance or business-related field is preferred
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong research and resolution abilities
- Working knowledge of applicable A/P and G/L systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts, and proficiency in computer-based accounts payable applications required.
- Experience with Bill.com, Coupa, and Arriba applications is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and excel in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment