Why You'll Love This Job
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing the accounts payable process as well as various other projects, process improvements and system implementations. This role will have direct report-AP specialists. The Manager role will manage and train AP department staff. This position is responsible for all functions relating to the accounts payable process. Responsible for managing processing all manual GL coding of invoices. The Accounts Payable Manager ensures payment of the company’s bills and invoices. The AP Manager is responsible for various types of financial processing including automated and manual data entry of vendor invoices, expense reports, and manual check requests.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the AP month-end and year-end close
- Process daily and weekly A/P for multiple sites and vendors ensuring all deadlines are met in high volume environment.
- Assists with the resolution of discrepancies or problems that prohibit timely payment of invoices.
- Assist affiliate practices, client and vendors with A/P issues or questions as they arise.
- Ensure that each transaction processed has appropriate approval prior to processing.
- Correspond with suppliers and account team and respond to inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
- Special projects and other functions as required by manager or affiliate practice.
- Maintain and update A/P process playbook and desktop operations workflows as required.
- Lead the AP integration playbook as new affiliate practices are acquired
- Seek ways to constantly reduce costs, improve efficiency and operational standards.
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
- Actively participate in the implementation of a procure to pay system for improving automation with an integrated supply chain, vendor management, invoicing, and payment function of the Coupa system
- coordinate and assist with Engie utilities payment system
- Prepare, manage, and file 1099 reporting process
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years in Accounts Payable Manager role or similar role
- Experience with A/P and multiple ERP automation with Coupa and Arriba systems
- Experienced Accounts Payable processor with an understanding of best practices
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong research and resolution abilities
- Working knowledge of applicable A/P and G/L systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and proficiency in computer-based accounts payable applications required.
- Experience with Bill.com, Coupa and Arriba applications is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and excel in a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment
- Positive demeanor
- Leadership skills
- Ability to proactively address issues in an objective manner
- Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Ability to accepts responsibility and be accountable for the actions and success of the office