Accounting Manager JobSandy Springs, GA 386061640
Why You'll Love This Job
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements, as well as, establishing and enforcing proper accounting method, policies and principles.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting all aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
- End-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners.
- Responsible for managing finance integration playbook tasks for integrating affiliated acquired practices.
- Design new effective processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
- Execute judgment and ensure the right decisions are reached to accurately report financial results.
- Drive projects and provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to resolve issues.
- Dealing in ambiguity with the ability to reprioritize based on multiple business needs.
- Prioritization of tasks while providing active coaching to a team of talented individuals.
- Research, conclude and memorialize technical accounting position papers.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is a plus
- CPA preferred
- Accounting management experience with Big Four (public) or 3+ years as an accounting manager or equivalent with Fortune 500 public company
- Operational accounting experience with a high growth company for two or more years
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
- Aptitude for team leadership—influencing others to follow you toward a solution
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills